Put these quotes on your fridge, read them when you wake up, and tell them to your friends:
10. The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. –Carl von Clausewitz
9. As long as I have failed to defeat my enemy, I must fear that he will defeat me; therefore I am not in sole control; he controls me just as I control him. -Carl von Clausewitz, On War (1832)
8. Try not to become a man of success but rather a man of value. -Albert Einstein
7. Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. -Benjamin Franklin
6. Great wisdom not applied to action and behavior is meaningless data. -Peter Drucker
5. Advertising is a tax for having an unremarkable product. -Robert Stephens, Founder of the Geek Squad.
4. Customers can’t always tell you what they want, but they can always tell you what’s wrong. -Carly Fiona on the Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders podcast
3. If you want to understand how a lion hunts don’t go to the zoo. Go to the jungle. -Jim Stengel CMO of P&G
2. The purest treasure mortal times can afford is a spotless reputation. -William Shakespeare
1. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -Charles Darwin
“Yes, I sell people things they don’t need. I can’t, however, sell them something they don’t want. Even with advertising. Even if I were of a mind to.” -John O’Toole
“I know that half of my advertising dollars are wasted … I just don’t know which half.” –John Wanamaker
“The customer is the most important part of the production line.” -William Deming
“Because the purpose of business is to create a customer, the business enterprise has two–and only two–basic functions: marketing and innovation. Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs. Marketing is the distinguishing, unique function of the business.” –Peter Drucker
If Thomas Edison had used a focus group he would have just invented a bigger candle. -from The Brand Show episode “The Science of Branding”
5 thoughts on “10 Best Marketing Quotes of All Time”
Some great quotes here. All of these speak to a different aspect of traditional and cutting-edge marketing. Thanks for the thinking material!
Great article, never seen some of the quotes before. Thanks!
Great list. I really like the #1 list. Good thing you list it there.
Excellent quotes, Einstein said “If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.” I couldn’t agree more with him.
This is a great list. I originally thought it would include some movie quotes, but I enjoyed it as is. It is amazing how know matter the changes in time, the essential concepts never really change. Benjamin Franklin’s quote will forever remain timeless.
Comments are closed.